The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) was established in 2011 to provide a cost-effective, risk-based approach for the adoption and use of cloud services by the federal government. FedRAMP empowers agencies to use modern cloud technologies, with an emphasis on security and protection of federal information.
- Reduces duplicative efforts, inconsistencies, and cost inefficiencies.
- Establishes a public-private partnership to promote innovation and the advancement of more secure information technologies.
- Grow the use of secure cloud technologies in use by government agencies.
- Enhance the framework by which the government secures and authorizes cloud technologies.
- Build and foster strong partnerships with FedRAMP stakeholders.